My New Whizbang Book
is Now in Stock!

Dateline: 15 June 2013

A picture of the Planet Whizbang packaging room, where I am signing pre-sold copies of the book.


The Planet Whizbang Idea Book For Gardeners is finally in print. The picture above shows just some of the pre-sold copies that I am in the process of signing. I will be signing and packaging books all weekend with the goal of shipping all pre-sold copies out on Monday morning.

I have almost two TONS of these books in stock! 

The pre-publication, reduced-price offer for this book will remain in effect until Monday morning. Click the web site link above for details.

I am numbering the pre-publication, first-printing copies, and they will, of course, be signed too. 

Also, next to my signature I am drawing a "garden chicken" portrait. These pre-publication, first printing copies are the only ones that will ever have a hand-drawn "garden chicken portrait."  

For some perspective on the value of signed artwork in books, check out Original Artwork From Famous Folks. There you will discover that a hand-drawn picture of a little dog in a 1970 book is selling for over $12,000.

Just think.... if a 40-year-old drawing of a little dog is worth over $12,000, what will a hand drawn chicken portrait, in a book for gardeners, written by the guy who invented the Whizbang chicken plucker, be worth 40 years from now? 

Yes, indeed, that's something to think about, and, in the meantime, you can enjoy the contents of the book, learn from it, be inspired by it, and put the things you learn to good use.

Thank you again to all of you who have re-purchased a copy of this new book. 



3 comments:

Ivy Mae said...

Okay, now I'm dying to know what a "garden chicken portrait" looks like. :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations Herrick! I used my plucker a few weeks ago and it worked great. Now I suppose my signed copy of the previous "vintage" edition will increase in value.

Hope you're doing well and hope we can chat again sometime.

Herrick Kimball said...

Ivy Mae—
Well, it's much more interesting than a little dog.

Peter-
I'm glad to know your plucker is up and working!