Blessed Is The Man...
(On Tax Day)

Dateline: 15 April 2015

(click to see larger view)

Today is "tax day." It is the deadline government has set for me to pay "my fair share" of the money they continually extort from the productive citizenry. I am sending in checks for so much money that it boggles my mind. And the money I send, which represents a great amount of my expended life force, will be squandered by the irresponsible, parasitic politicians, who do not work nearly as hard as I do, and do not produce anything of value. 

If I worked for money alone, I would be very depressed. If I didn't have the money set aside, I would be more depressed. As it is, I'm not depressed, but I admit to being distressed by the injustice of it. So I'm going to write out my checks to the government and then get back to the work of my life...

Spring has finally come to Central New York State. The garlic sprouts are growing fast. Yesterday I planted shelling peas. And today I will commence to reroof part of my house. The roof is nearly 30 years old. It is time.

I will put my thoughts on more pleasant, uplifting things. I will try not to think of corrupt government, and hard-earned money lost to scoundrel politicians. I will think on the quote pictured above. 

I have had that quote for many years. Either I typed it, or my mother typed it, back in those days when personal computers were nowhere in the land.

It is a quote worth putting on paper, and reading every so often, because it puts life in proper perspective. At least it does for this man.

The beauty of the internet is that I can do a Google search on "A. W. Ward," and the name, which was something of a mystery to me before, is revealed to be a Christian man who wrote many inspirational things. Things that are well worth reading and ruminating on. Do a Google search of your own and you will discover some of this man's well crafted word-treasures. Here are a couple more...


To laugh is to risk appearing a fool,
To weep is to risk appearing sentimental
To reach out to another is to risk involvement,
To expose feelings is to risk exposing your true self
To place your ideas and dreams before a crowd is to risk their loss,
To love is to risk not being loved in return,
To hope is to risk despair,
To try is to risk to failure.
But risks must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.
The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing is nothing.
He may avoid suffering and sorrow,
But he cannot learn, feel, change, grow or live.
Chained by his servitude he is a slave who has forfeited all freedom.
Only a person who risks is free.
~~~~
“Before you speak, listen.
Before you write, think.
Before you spend, earn.
Before you invest, investigate.
Before you criticize, wait.
Before you pray, forgive.
Before you quit, try.
Before you retire, save.
Before you die, give.”


I have so much to blog about but, as I said, spring is here. I have much to be doing. Blog posts will be less frequent for awhile.

Happy Tax Day.

:-)




5 comments:

Madison said...

that second quote was exactly what I need at this time in my learning-life. Thank you!

Kelly Moss said...

Wow, thanks for posting this. I just gave my husband two checks to mail. We are feeling the exact same way.
Seeing and reading your post in my inbox lifted my spirits and the encouragement of it answered an earlier prayer.

ELittle said...

Hi Herrick,I sent you a long rant instead of an answer here!

Herrick Kimball said...

Thanks, everyone, for your comments here. Everett,, I did not receive the e-mail.

Sheila Gilbert said...

Even God says to pay our taxes, so I was thinking, I wonder what those that squander it will pay, when God takes the issue up with them? I would rather pay the tax.
(even though I still don't like it one bit) Bless, Sheila