Futureman Is Back!

Dateline: 6 January 2015



Some readers here will recall my recent post about my grandson, Futureman, leaving with his mother to go to Ohio and live with her family (Missing Futureman). Well, on December 30th, Marlene (my wife) and Futureman’s father drove half way to Ohio to meet my daughter-in-law, get Futureman, and bring him back here for a visit. I understand it will be a few weeks. 

The picture above was taken by Marlene after they got Futureman and were on their way home. She texted the photo to me (I get text messages on my computer) and said Futureman was talking to me on his phone. His little cell phone is an old one that doesn’t work. You have to use your imagination with it. I got misty-eyed when I saw that picture.

So, as you can imagine, Marlene and I are very pleased to have our grandson here with us. He is sitting next to me as I type this, watching Five Little Monkeys Jumping On The Bed, on an iPad. He’s much too technologically attuned for a nearly-three-year-old, or so it seems to me.

Something about that little clip really captures his attention. It may be that I chime in after Mama calls the doctor and, in a deep and stern voice, say “No more monkeys jumping on the bed!” He likes that.

Life is different with a little boy in the house. But he is a delight, and we are cherishing this time.