Steam-Fryalizing Compost
(an update
for readers of my new book)

Dateline: 3 August 2013

Top-down view of my homemade, milk-can rocket stove

This is a heads-up for those of you out there who have purchased a copy of The Planet Whizbang Idea Book For Gardeners.  As you know (or should know), I have created a "hidden" internet Resources web site for readers of the book. You can find out how to get there on the last page of the book. If you go to the web site you will discover a wealth of additional information, and lots of pictures. You will also find a link at the Resources web site where you can sign up to get e-mail updates letting you know when I've added new information to the site.

Relatively few buyers of the book have signed up for the newsletter, and that concerns me because I don't want any book owner to miss out on any of the added value I'm putting into your book purchase.

A recent reviewer of my book said it would be better if it had photographs instead of just all drawings. But if you check out the web site (and sign up for the updates newsletter) you'll be getting plenty of photos. I don't know of any other how-to book writer who has created a "hidden" Resources web site where readers can get so much additional information.

Anyway, all of this is to let you who have purchased a copy of the book know that I have just posted 16 pictures of my milk-can rocket stove fryalizing compost to the Resources web site, along with some commentary. I have also posted an idea for using a milk-can rocket stove as an emergency home heating appliance if the electricity goes down for an extended period of time (assuming that you don't already have a wood stove, which would be better). 

I'm pretty sure I "invented" the idea of making a rocket stove out of an old milk can, and I can tell you it's an amazingly efficient heating device. Check it out.

For those who don't yet have a copy of The Planet Whizbang Idea Book For Gardeners, I hope this update will be a little added nudge towards getting one. If you'd rather not purchase a copy directly from me at my web site, you'll find a link in the sidebar at the web site to purchase the book from Amazon.com. Thus far, the book has 12 five-star reviews at Amazon, and I'm very pleased about that! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will be buying a copy of your book, just been lazy! Hoping the Post's (me, wife, kids and perhaps my Dad) can swing by in few weeks for a very brief visit and to get my book signed. I'll even buy a copy for my Dad. I haven't been up that way in many years but will be up to visit family the last week of Aug.

- Ethan Post

Herrick Kimball said...

Hi Ethan,

Thanks for the comment. I would appreciate it if you did NOT stop by for a visit. We aren't in the custom of having people from afar visit us, or come here to purchase products, and it is always something of an awkward situation when they do.

I realize that is not hospitable of us but it is necessary. Unless someone is a neighbor here in our community, or kin, we just aren't inclined to, or geared for, visits.

I would like that situation to be different, and I foresee a time in the next few years when we will invite and encourage people to stop by, but that time isn't now.

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Very disappointed to be sure! We understand the challenges that such visits might present and take no offense. Many thanks for everything you are doing.

- Ethan