Finally…
Classic American Clothespins
For Sale

Dateline: 9 November 2013

Contents of one Classic American clothespin kit

I've been blogging here about my idea to make and sell high-quality, American-made wood clothespins since the spring of 2012. A lot of you have encouraged me along the way. And now, finally, I have come to the point where I'm actually selling some clothespins.

As I explained a week ago, at This Blog Post, I am selling 20-clothespin kits that you finish and assemble yourself (by following These Online Instructions). I have only 225 kits to sell. You can order one or more kits right now with the order button below. 

The price per kit is $21.95, postage paid (to any US address). There are not any quantity discounts. If all 225 kits do not sell by Monday morning, the remaining kits will be sold at  ClassicAmericanClothespins.com for $24.95 each.

This initial offering of only 225 reduced-price kits is a beginning step. I am looking for feedback from those of you who purchase, assemble and use the clothespins. Based on the feedback I get, I will decide if and how to proceed with this enterprise. You who buy these kits are Classic American clothespin pioneers.

More clothespins will not be available for sale until later next year. This winter I will focus on "step 2" of my idea, which is to sell specifications and springs to woodworkers with an interest in making their own clothespins.

Order now by clicking on the link below…


The Sale Has Ended

191 kits were sold in 48 hours!

Thank you to everyone who purchased one or more of these kits. It will take me a couple days to get all the orders packaged and shipped. If you purchased a single kit, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from me later today. If you purchased more than one kit, you should receive a notice from USPS that the order is shipping. If you have a question about your order, don't hesitate to contact me at: hckimball@bci.net

There are 34 kits left from this initial first production run. They are now available for sale at ClassicAmericanClothespins.com for $24.95, postage paid.

Thanks again!

P.S. Kits ordered from this page will be shipped out on November 12, 13 and 14.

P.P.S. If you order and have me ship to an address outside the United States, I will be sending you an invoice for the additional cost of shipping.

P.P.P.S.  If you have problems with the PayPal ordering button, please know that I have no control over the order and payment process. PayPal takes care of all that, and notifies me when a sale is completed. I am not set up to take credit card orders over the phone. If, as a result of problems with the PayPal ordering system, you are not able to order a clothespin kit before the supply runs out, there is no way I will be able to make your order right. I have only 225 kits to sell and when they're gone, they're gone. Fortunately, ordering problems are very rare, but they do happen.


A Finished Classic American Clothespin

17 comments:

David The Good said...

I nabbed mine.

Go go go, Herrick!

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, you are going to be BUSY!! I'll be watching the mail for my order, yay :-).

Anonymous said...

Herrick, I just posted an announcement about your clothespins offer on my sidebar, with a link to today's blog post. I hope that more bloggers will do the same to help promote your sale. The updates are very exciting!

Herrick Kimball said...

Mrs. T—
Thank you for the order AND for letting others know at your blog!

David the Good—
Thank you also for your order AND for letting your blog readers know about these clothespins. I am very appreciative.

Anonymous said...

This is a mighty costly clothes pin. I'll sign as anonymous; sure don't want a mob of Energy Savers coming down on me.

Jon C. said...

Anon,

Although the price is high compared to Chinese clothespins the quality is also substantially higher. American pricing is skewed by FED money printing...

Anonymous said...

Just got my set.
I am giving it to my eldest daughter and hoping she "finishes" them with her 3 little sons, ages 3, 5, and 7. They like to work on little manly projects, even though it is often easier for their parents to do them on their own :) It will be an unusual Christmas gift by some standards, but not by mine.
Thank you -
Brenda M.

Herrick Kimball said...

Anonymous—

Yes, they are expensive. That's kind of obvious, eh?

It's kind of like a Yugo and a Mercedes Benz. Both vehicles go down the road and will get you where you need to go. But the Yugo will soon break while the Mercedes will have very few problems for a long time. And the Mercedes is a pleasure to drive.

Here's another analogy… You can drink your morning coffee out of a styrofoam cup, or you can drink it out of a one-of-a-kind mug crafted by a potter who put a lot of care and attention into creating a beautiful and functional object.

My objective was never to make a cheap clothespin. The market is flooded with those. My objective is to make heirloom-quality clothespins that are beautiful, dependable, and a pleasure to use. Such clothespins are nowhere else to be found.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to point these things out.

David The Good said...

BONUS: These clothespins are also not made by communist slaves.

Patrick and Emily said...

I think this is Great, I got my order in. I just launched my own business working from home myself. It was a huge success. I shared your story on Facebook couple of times. I hope this really takes off for you, and I might be interested in my sons making some.

Thank You,
Patrick R.
MTKnives.net

Herrick Kimball said...

Patrick & Emily—
Thanks for the order and for letting others know. I wish you the best with your home business. Here is a hot link for any readers who want to check it out:
Patrick & Emily…Knives & Soap

Anonymous said...

Thank You Herrick. Can't wait to get my new pins. Soooo tired of having to use 5 pins to hang one tee shirt, or having my clean cloths end up on the ground!!

Glenda said...

Whew!! Am I glad I logged in to my email! I did not want to miss this opportunity to purchase what I know will be a great product! I am looking forward to these lasting us a very long time. Can't wait to put them to use! Thanks, I have looked forward to this sale. I let all my blog friends know too! Glenda

Herrick Kimball said...

Glenda—
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Kimball

i got my order in for two sets. Many thanks for this.

Don Williams

Herrick Kimball said...

Don,

Got it. Thank you.

Unknown said...

Our Clothes pins are still holding up great! I didn't know the best way to contact you but it has been one year now since I started full time working for myself. I just completed my first video on sharpening, Beyond Razor Sharp. I would like to give you a copy for free, you can use the code "whizbang" when checking out and it will make the video free. http://mtknives.net/product/beyond-razor-sharp-digital-download/
It would be great to hear your feedback, I am sure you could teach me a thing or two about sharpening, I always love to learn a little more. Keep up the good work and if you need anything feel free to email me patrick@mtknives.net