Several Interesting Things

Dateline: 16 November 2013

I've been listening to and watching numerous good things on the internet that I'd like to share with you…


Joe vs Joel





Did you see the "debate of the century" between Dr. Joseph Mercola and Joel Salatin? The debate was about whether the federal government should mandate the labeling of foods that contain genetically modified organisms (GMOs).

Dr. Mercola took the "yes they should" side and Joel Salatin disagreed. it was a downright interesting debate. I happen to like both men and the work they do but Dr. Mercola was, in my opinion, whooped by Joel in the debate. 

The most interesting part was after the debate when it came to a question and answer period. The discussion got very heated. 

If you decide to watch this, you will want to advance to 55 minutes into the film to get to the actual debate. Nothing else is all that interesting.


Wait Till It's Free

Colin Gunn, Director of Indoctrination, is making a new documentary

Earlier this year I wrote about the excellent independent movie, IndoctriNation, by Colin Gunn. No Christian parent in their right mind would send their children to the government schools after watching that movie. Now Colin Gunn is making a film about socialized medicine. The movie is titled, "Wait Till it's Free" and is due out next spring. There is a Kickstarter Campaign to raise needed funds for the movie until the end of this month. Please take a moment to check it out and maybe kick in a few dollars. I donated 25 bucks and will get a copy of the movie when it's out. It's the least I can do for the cause.


Time Changer



I had an opportunity to watch the movie, Time Changer, awhile back (I rented it from Puritan Picks). It is a movie worth watching. 


Good Episodes 
From Generations Radio

Kevin Swanson & Dave Buehner

I am maintaining my mainstream media fast and continue to enjoy the daily Generations Radio programs with the Biblical worldview warriors, Kevin Swanson and Dave Buehner. One very good show this month was an interview with Dr. Franklin Ed Payne about the future of medical care in America. 

Dr. Payne has worked in the medical field for some 50 years and has some biblical perspectives on medicine that you may have never considered before. He comments on the changes that have come to medicine in his career, as well as what lies ahead. This is an excellent, thought-provoking interview… Medical Care in America interview with Dr. Franklin Ed Payne.

I am currently reading Kevin Swanson's newest book, Apostate. It is an excellent biblical insight into the root causes of the decline of Christianity in Western society, and the civilizational downfall we are seeing happen right before our eyes.

I understand that Kevin Swanson is now writing a book that will be titled "The Tattooed Jesus." Swanson is the only Christian minister I know who is proclaiming that tattoos are a pagan practice that Christians should not be involved with. 


Have you been listening to or watching some things on the internet that are particularly good? If so, please comment or send me a link: hckimball@bci.net


9 comments:

G706 said...

I want to thank you for recomending Generations Radio. I have been downloading their broadcasts to listen to while driving truck, so much better than talk radio!

Anonymous said...

I recently watched this 4 part video series, called The Way of All Flesh, on YouTube.
I found it quite mind boggling, to say the least!! Very worth while, IMHO. About the study of cancer.
Tried to post a link here, but couldnt get it to take, so sent you an email.
I have a heck of a time posting comments on blogs, using my iphone. It continuosly, freezes on me!
Grrrrr!
I've watched both, Indoctrination & Time Changer, & agree.
Both are excellent & worthWhile.



Donna G.




cnybeth said...

Is Kevin Swanson really saying that Tattoes are a pagan practice and Christians should be involved with them?

Anonymous said...

Mr. Kimball,

Links on the Internet, useful information.

onbigturtlecreek.wordpress.com

nourishingdays.com

naturalnews.com

siffordsojournal.com

Pat Tolbert

Herrick Kimball said...

G706—
I'm glad to know you're an avid listener. I am still working my way back through the years back episodes. The show is entertaining, informative, thought provoking and edifying.

Donna G.—
I got your e-mail and I'm going to check it out. Thanks.

cnybeth—
No he isn't really saying that. Thanks for pointing out that I neglected to insert the word "not" before "be involved with." I have corrected the mistake.

By the way, for anyone who wants more Christian perspective on tattoos, check out A Christian Response to The Tattoo

David The Good said...

I taught a gardening class at my homestead today and got to show off a few of my favorite gardening tools, including your wheel hoe. EVERYONE knew about the Whizbang chicken plucker... but they hadn't heard about the hoe. They liked the demonstration, though, so hopefully an order or two comes your way. Great tool.

Of course, with today's post... I'm wondering if it's okay for me as a Christian to get a tattoo of the hoe on my shoulder like I was planning to do...

Herrick Kimball said...

David,

Thanks for spreading the word.

Re: the wheel hoe tattoo on your shoulder…

Even though I am, as you have so nicely stated on your blog, "totally insane," I would never dream of such a thing.

:-)

RonCccrosts said...

Here are a couple of good You Tube Videos:

This one is kind of absurd in that it is possible, but a nasty four letter word is involved...WORK!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGo5z8BJ6zg

Here is another interesting concept that you can do to get a bunch of trees started quickly. His website that he plugs is worth digging around in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-pymQCQTx4

Here is a neat couple who are enjoying the fruits of a hard life together. The spot that caught my attention is when they are talking about the seedling flats and he says, "this is worth $x.xx after it is potted up...:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04BVkVZP-5o

The common thread to all these videos is that you can make a pretty decent living with just the stuff around you, and if Hyper inflation were a possibility, the plant world offers the kind of growth that would be necessary to keep up.

Herrick Kimball said...

Pat—
Those are all good links. Thank you.

Donna G—
I watched that 4-part series. Very interesting.

Ron—
Thanks for the links. I'll check them out.