Deliberate Agrarian
Snippet #18

My Dad & Me Family Farm

Dateline: 1 May 2014

(image from My Dad & Me Family Farm)

My Dad & Me Family Farm, down in Powder Springs, Georgia, has one of the nicest small-farm (5 acres) web sites I've ever seen. They produce and market a wide variety of products (from raw milk and pastured broiler chickens to granola bars and mushrooms). If you have an interest in developing a small-farm, local food enterprise, you will surely want to check out what the Hammond family is doing. And while you're there, make sure you check out their cow milking how-to video.

In addition to farming, the Hammond family also has a lot of musical talent. "Dad" (also known as Daniel) has written a new song titled, Does Your City Have Country Roads? Click that link and you'll find your way to a downright nice, agrarian themed music video. I guarantee you're going to like it (and you can spread the word by "liking" it on Facebook).


(image from My Dad & Me Family Farm)







1 comment:

chipmunk said...

Hey, verrry cool! Powder Springs is pretty close to me. I'll investigate further.